Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Go Wireless: Dropbox Opens App Showcase


Syncing data between a smartphone and a cable is a lousy chore (I?m looking at you, iTunes), but fortunately you can juggle a lot of your files in the ?cloud? (i.e. wirelessly over an internet connection) with Dropbox-powered apps. As of today, these apps are showcased in a directory, which should really come in handy for smartphone users.
It can be a little tricky to explain, so take how I use Dropbox as an example: I read digital documents often. While browsing the web on my Mac, I?ll see a PDF I want to read later. I drag and drop the PDF into my Dropbox, and then on my iPad or iPhone I launch the Dropbox app. When I select the PDF, Dropbox gives me the option of loading the document with other third-party apps that are designed for PDF-reading ? such as iBooks or GoodReader. Choose an app and the file loads there instead, leaving the Dropbox app.
So basically, there are a bunch of third-party apps designed to handle different types of media that are using the Dropbox API to spare you the trouble of wired syncing or e-mailing yourself files. And Dropbox just today launched a showcase displaying which apps will cater to your wireless lifestyle.
Dropbox is available on several mobile platforms: BlackBerry, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile.
See Also:
Dropbox for Blackberry Now in Beta
Dropbox Updated for iPad, External Editing Added
Droptext Adds Dropbox Text Editing to iOS
Dropbox Brings Cloud Storage Within iPhone's Reach
How to Throw a Knife, Make a Super Ball, Dropbox Your Life
Baby Drop Box Gets Tech Upgrade
Powered by WizardRSS | Full Text RSS Feeds

VEECO INSTRUMENTS VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES UNITED ONLINE UNISYS TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR

No comments:

Post a Comment